I want to thank everyone who came to my card class! Cards are so easy and fun to make! I decided to teach this class because I not only wanted to show off our new lines of papers, but I wanted to teach everyone how easy cards are to make! Cards can be made from your scrapbooking scraps! Everyone wanted me to do this again….and I will! I had a lot of fun creating all these cards! Each card had a different technique…some never taught in any of our classes! For those of you who didn’t get into the class…..here are the pictures and instructions…..
5 For $5 Card Class
The purpose of this class is to teach you how to use all those scraps you have left over from scrapbooking and how to use those scrapbooking techniques to create a small work of art to share with you friends! These cards are easy and fun to do!
Products used: We are Memory Keepers “White Out” Frenzy Collection, White staz-On & “Crystal” Stickles
1. Stamp Butterfly with white staz-on on acrylic sheet. Let dry, cut out and then stickle
2. Cut white paper 12 x 6”. Score in half.
3. Place brown flower paper (3 ½” x 5 ½”) on top center. Layer 1 ½” x 6” leaf strip right under brown flower paper..
4. Add Glitter border on bottom and then butterfly with a glue dot in middle. Pinch wings together to giver butterfly shape.
Happy Bird Day Card
Products used: We are Memory Keepers “Happy Bird Day” line, buttons and twine
1. Cut white paper 12” x 6”.
2. Layer 1” x 6” strip on bottom. Layer 1 ¾” bird strip on top.
3. Cut out Tree and layer as seen above. Add Twine to buttons and put on tree.
4. Stamp “Happy Bird Day on card.
Lady Bug Card
Products used: Hambly Transparency, Karen Foster Ladybug paper, Creative Imagination charm, Bazzill paper, paper flower and mini brad
1. Cut a 12” x 12” cardstock in half. (this measures 12” x 6”)
2. Score card at 6 inches and fold in half.
3. Glue 1 ½ “ transparency on bottom with a thin line of scrappy glue at the very top.
4. Layer 2” red strip on top of transparency so that it covers the glue. Layer 1 ½” green strip on top.
5. Add flower and charm attaching both with brad.
6. Stamp title on card.
Products used: Prima Paper, Graphic 45 paper, Tattered Angles Embossed Chipboard Alphabets (we used the outer frame)
1. Cut paper 8” x 8”. Score in half.
2. Cut decorative papers 2 inches wide and tear edges. Layer on card as shown above.
3. Stamp image on white scrap and layer over decorative strips
4. Place Tattered Angels chipboard piece in box and spray mist it with several colors. Blend with finger.
5. Even though chipboard piece sticks, use Scrappy glue to secure it.
Mother’s Day Card
Products used: Prima flowers and felt. Heidi Grace Epoxy. Cosmo Cricket paper (Honey Pie)
1. Cut flower paper (6 ¼” x 5”) Score flower sheet at 5”.
2. Lay 1” red strip on top of blue. (4” x 5”) Attach blue sheet so that it lines up even with bottom of card.
3. Center and attach felt to front of card. Add flower and epoxy center.